It’s a Dog’s Life
They don’t call them man’s best friend for nothing, as dogs epitomize both loyalty and unconditional love. The trade-off for owners is the responsibility we take on to maintain their health and happiness. At the Animal Hospital of Rocky Hill, our goal is to be as dedicated to your pet as you are. Together, we can ensure his or her life is one of fulfillment and vitality.
Your pet’s wellness starts with his or her yearly physical. Comprehensive by design, the visit includes a complete physical examination, dental examination, appropriate vaccination boosters, blood work if necessary, and advice on every thing from diet and exercise to year-round flea and tick control.
Your diligence doesn’t stop at bringing your pet in for a yearly checkup. The following are tips for dog owners to keep their pets feeling healthy and happy year-round:
- Serve only healthy and portioned meals
- Limit snacking
- Serve no human food
- Exercise them daily
- Bathe and groom them regularly
- Utilize year-round flea and tick control
- Make sure they receive regular heartworm testing
- Utilize heartworm preventives
- Brush their teeth regularly/utilize pro-active dental care products
- Make sure they receive basic obedience training
- Keep your home dog-proof
- Love them unconditionally
If you need help with implementing any of these suggestions, please let us know. Our veterinarians and staff would love to answer any of your questions.
For more information about our dog wellness program, or to make an appointment for your pet, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to meeting you and your pet.